Atletico Madrid midfielder Lucas Torreira has tested positive for COVID-19 ahead of Saturday's La Liga clash against Barcelona, the Spanish club said on Wednesday.
The 24-year-old Uruguay international, who is on loan from Arsenal, was tested upon his arrival in Madrid following his return from international duty.
He is asymptomatic and isolating at home, in compliance with local health protocols, Atletico said in a statement.
Torreira's club and international team mate Luis Suarez, Atletico's joint-top scorer with five league goals, also tested positive while on international duty and will miss the reunion with his former side.
Atletico are third in La Liga with 17 points, three behind league-leaders Real Sociedad with two games in hand.
- P.V. Sindhu - bouncing back in style at Badminton Asia Team Championships
- ICC Test rankings: Yashasvi Jaiswal rises to 12th, Dhruv Jurel to 69th
- Organisers keen on cricket in 2026 Asian Games despite venue woes
- Hockey India: Statements by outgoing officials claiming divisions within the organisation are not correct
- Siddarth Kaul: Winning white-ball trophy but missing out in red-ball cricket doesn’t discredit the players’ skills