Brazil opened the 2021 Copa America with a 3-0 win over a depleted Venezuela on Sunday, dominating its inexperienced opponent from start to finish in a one-sided match.
Defender Marquinhos scored the opening goal midway through the first half when he was fortunate to see his back-heel squirm through a defender's legs and into the net.
Neymar netted his 67th international goal from the penalty spot 19 minutes into the second half after Danilo was felled in the box.
Substitute Gabriel Barbosa made it three with two minutes remaining when he chested home a cross from Neymar after the tireless Paris St Germain player had rounded the keeper.
Brazil’s next game is against Peru on June 17, while Venezuela takes on Colombia the same day. Ecuador, the fifth team in Group B, faces Colombia later on Sunday.
- NBA results roundup: Thunder gets past Warriors in overtime
- Vijay Hazare Trophy LIVE score, pre-quarterfinals updates: MAH 17/0 in record chase vs KER; BEN lose early wicket vs GUJ
- WPL 2024 Auction LIVE Updates: 165 players to go under hammer; When, where to watch Women’s Premier League auction?
- PKL Season 10: Sagar Rathee settling into Tamil Thalaivas leadership role with fitness as top priority
- Rinku Singh: Extra pace and bounce of SA pitches will need some more practice