Mainz fought back from two goals down to earn a 2-2 draw at Cologne and claim a point that boosts its fight to avoid relegation from the Bundesliga.
Cologne led when Mark Uth converted a sixth-minute penalty for his fifth goal in eight games since joining on loan from Schalke, with Florian Kainz's back-post header making it 2-0 early in the second half.
Mainz pulled one back through substitute Taiwo Awoniyi's first Bundesliga goal and Pierre Kunde levelled with a brilliant solo goal, running from near the centre circle and slotting home.
The result left Mainz nine points clear of 17th-placed Werder Bremen, and four above Fortuna Dusseldorf, which occupies the relegation play-off place.
- Brigadier Harcharan Singh honoured with Sportstar Hero Unsung Champion award at ‘Focus Punjab’ Sports Conclave
- Punjab’s sports policy unparalleled in the country, says Sports Minister Gurmeet Singh Meet Hayer
- Uday Saharan wins Emerging Hero award at the Sportstar ‘Focus Punjab’ Conclave
- San Diego Open: Vekic, Yastremska advance to second round
- WPL 2024: Struggling UP Warriorz eyes comeback against dominant Mumbai Indians