Thomas Tuchel says Borussia Dortmund must avoid being caught up in the "sensation" of their DFB-Pokal quarter-final against third-tier Sportfreunde Lotte.
The sides will meet in a rearranged tie in Osnabruck on Tuesday. The original game had to be abandoned shortly before kick-off after snow left the pitch at Lotte's Frimo Stadion home unplayable.
Bayern Munich awaits the winner in the semifinal, with Lotte hoping to claim another Bundesliga scalp, having beaten Werder Bremen and Bayer Leverkusen already this season.
Tuchel has warned his players to expect a difficult examination against the side sat third in the 3.Liga.
"They will try to create a sensation," Tuchel told a news conference. "This is a very courageous, aggressive and passionate team, comparable to a second-division side. They will look for chances with confidence.
"The game will be hard work. It will not necessarily be fun. We will need to give it our all to reach the next round."
Lotte's home advantage is diluted somewhat by the change of venue, and Tuchel is unsure how things will go at the Osnatel Arena.
"We do not know the pitch in Osnabruck, we will have to adjust ourselves on the day," he added.
"I do not see it giving either side an advantage. I do not know if the quality of the pitch is dramatically different."
Julian Weigl has "muscular problems" and his fitness will be judged before kick-off, while Tuchel must find a replacement for the suspended Sokratis Papastathopoulos.
- India vs Singapore hockey LIVE score, Asian Games 2023 updates: IND 8-0 SGP; Manpreet, Shamsher score; Streaming info
- Asian Games 2023, Live Updates from Hangzhou 2022: India 8-0 Singapore in hockey, Bhavani Devi reaches round of 16, Divyansh-Ramita qualifies for 10m Air Rifle Mixed Team bronze medal match
- Shooting LIVE SCORE Asian Games: Divyansh, Ramita to play Korea for bronze medal match in 10m air rifle mixed team; Esha Singh on top in 25m pistol qualification- Hangzhou 2022 updates
- Tigres president killed after Colombian team’s home loss
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, September 25 - India 6th after women’s cricket team secures 2nd gold medal