Justice Morgan struck late in the injury-time to help George Telegraph accomplish a giant killing act by downing 39-time champion Quess East Bengal by a solitary goal, in a premier division group 'A' match of the Calcutta Football League on Friday.
Playing at home in front of packed galleries, East Bengal's campaign thus got off to a poor start as it failed to convert numerous chances and went down against an unfancied opponent conceding a late goal.
Opting to rotate the squad after two rounds in Durand Cup, East Bengal's Spanish coach Alejandro Menendez found his attackers unable to provide the desired finish despite his side dominating the action for the greater part of the match.
With the scoreline remaining barren for the regulation 90 minutes, Morgan found the net off a solo effort as Geroge Telegraph mounted a successful counter-attack in the injury time. This was the third consecutive win for George Telegraph which remained on top of the table with nine points.
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24, Semifinals: Shardul, Deshpande keep Mumbai ahead against Tamil Nadu on Day 1
- RCB-W vs MI-W live score, WPL 2024: Smriti Mandhana vs Harmanpreet Kaur in high-octane WPL fixture; Live streaming info
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 semifinals: Madhya Pradesh’s pace battery skittles Vidarbha for 170 on Day 1
- Ranji Trophy: TN captain Sai Kishore’s decision to bat first against Mumbai backfires on Day 1
- Bengaluru FC vs Kerala Blasters LIVE score, ISL 2023-24: Match updates, preview, streaming and more