Lionel Messi was not included in the Paris St Germain squad that will face RB Leipzig in the Champions League on Wednesday, but forward Kylian Mbappe made the team.
Messi had limped off during their 2-1 win over Lille in Ligue 1 on Friday and was not included in the 21-member squad named on Tuesday for their Champions League Group A game in Germany.
The Argentine had been replaced by Mauro Icardi in Friday's match after having missed training a day earlier with a muscle problem.
Teammate Mbappe, however, who had to sit out the Lille game with an infection, was included.
The French club is top of Group A with seven points from three games, with Manchester City second on six. Club Brugge are on four while Leipzig has yet to earn a point after losing all three games so far.
- ‘New Leicester’ Girona can win LaLiga, says ex-Spain player Luis Garcia
- Shooter loses left thumb after pistol’s gas cylinder explodes at Karni Singh Range
- T20 World Cup 2024: Ravi Bishnoi emerges as India’s third spin option after successful outing against Australia
- Junior World Boxing Championships: Amisha, Prachi and Hardik win silver
- Shreyanka Patil: My goal is to win the World Cup for India and an Olympic gold