When Paris Saint-Germain, Newcastle United, AC Milan and Borussia Dortmund were grouped in the Champions League group stage draw, it was clear that Group F would be the ‘Group of Death.’
And Group F has lived up to its billing till now.
Ahead of the final round of group-stage fixtures, Borussia Dortmund is the only team, which has booked a place in the Round of 16, which means PSG, AC Milan, and Newcastle have all to play for.
Group F table as it stands
|Borussia Dortmund (Q)
What are the qualification scenarios for PSG, Newcastle United and AC Milan
PSG is the most likely team to qualify as Group F runner-up. It has its fate in its own hands, and if the French champion wins its away game against Dortmund, it will join the Germans in the knockouts as group-topper.
For Newcastle United, it would need to beat AC Milan at home to have a chance of qualification. It can also qualify for the last 16 if PSG is unable to beat Dortmund.
AC Milan’s chance to qualify looks the bleakest as it would not only need to beat Newcastle in an away match but also need PSG to lose.
- India vs England Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 3: IND 20/0; Rohit, Jaiswal begin run chase
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 3 Updates: Karnataka 286 all out vs Vidarbha; Baroda concedes lead to Mumbai
- Yathiraj, Pramod and Krishna win gold medals at Para Badminton World Championships
- Fighting knock from fighter’s son: Dhruv Jurel walks in footsteps of father, a Kargil War veteran
- Gopi Thonakal wins elite men’s race in New Delhi Marathon