Ivan Perisic is in Inter's squad to face Lazio in the quarterfinals of the Coppa Italia, with Luciano Spalletti suggesting the reported Arsenal target has been "misled".
Spalletti benched Perisic for Inter's Serie A loss to Torino and the club's general manager Beppe Marotta confirmed the Croatia international had submitted a transfer request.
Arsenal was reportedly keen to sign Perisic ahead of Thursday's transfer deadline, but head coach Unai Emery has said the Gunners can only complete loan deals in January.
Spalletti previously rubbished reports Inter would allow Perisic to leave San Siro "for free" and indicated he would have no problem continuing to leave the winger out of his squad.
Spalletti appeared to have softened his stance ahead of the Coppa Italia clash, although he would not say whether Perisic would be playing against Lazio.
"I talk with the players, what I say to them I do not go out to talk about," he told a news conference. "We talked about [Matias] Vecino wanting to leave, but it's not true.
"Perisic was misled, he was probably made an offer that has enticed him. He is in the squad, we'll see if we use him or not.
"Today he trained and I saw a different spirit."
Cedric Soares is in line to make his Inter debut having been included in the Nerazzurri squad after signing from Southampton on loan, with Spalletti hailing the defender's versatility.
Spalletti added: "Cedric has proven that he knows how to play in a four-man defence or as a wing-back.
"He's quick and knows what he's doing. Will he start? He has just arrived and we'll have a lot of games close together."
- Who is Paris Brunner, the Golden Ball winner in the FIFA U17 World Cup 2023 from Germany?
- IND vs AUS, 5th T20I: Arshdeep Singh holds nerve in tense final over as India wins series 4-1
- I-League 2023-24: Mohammedan Sporting crosses Sreenidi hurdle to cement lead on top
- ISL 2023-24: FC Goa reclaims top spot with hard-fought victory over Kerala Blasters
- PSG midfielder Fabian Ruiz picks up shoulder injury during 2-0 league win at Le Havre