A rape lawsuit filed in the United States against Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo has not been dropped, the plaintiff's lawyer said Wednesday, dismissing a report to the contrary.
“The charges were not dropped,” said Larissa Drohobyczer, attorney for Kathryn Mayorga who claims she was sexually assaulted by the Portuguese soccer star in a Las Vegas hotel in 2009.
“The state case was dismissed by us because we filed the identical claims in federal court due to federal court's rules on serving foreigners,” Drohobyczer told AFP .
“We basically just switched venues but the claims remain.”
- Manchester United vs Bayern Munich - a trip down memory lane of the historic 1999 Champions League final
- India kits at Asian Games 2023: What do the patterns on the Indian jerseys signify?
- Manchester United goalkeeper Earps wins England Women’s Player of the Year
- Southee to undergo thumb surgery, ODI World Cup decision next week
- England’s Root to get ODI World Cup practice against Ireland