Delhi Dynamos FC has added Brazilian Marcelo Leite Pereira in an effort to boost its striking power for the upcoming season of the Indian Super League.
Pereira, who can play on either wing and also upfront as a striker, is known for his creativity and speed. The 29-year-old joins from Anápolis Futebol Clube in the Brazilian league. “I am thankful for this new opportunity. It is a new challenge for me and I am looking forward to it,” Pereira, nicknamed Marcelinho, said.
Pereira has played in Spain, Italy, Greece and Brazil and head coach Gianluca Zambrotta welcomed the new signing. “He has played across different leagues in different countries and I am sure his experience will help the team,” Zambrotta said.
- WPL 2024: All-round show helps Delhi Capitals thrash UP Warriorz by nine wickets for season’s first win
- Hard work, determination and a bit of kismet: For RCB’s Asha Sobhana, WPL is just the start
- Indian sports wrap, February 26
- NBA: Clippers unveil new uniforms, logo for next season
- Bayern Munich signs Max Eberl as sporting director