Defending Champion East Bengal failed to see its title defence get underway as its opening premier division group A match of the Calcutta Football League was abandoned owing to conditions made unplayable by incessant rain. East Bengal and its opponent Tollygunge Agragami were locked 1-1 at half-time after which the game could not be started.
East Bengal, which has created a League record winning title for the last eight seasons, made the prefect start finding the goal in the second minute of the match. East Bengal found the lead as Agragami defender Richard Agwu put the ball in his own net while trying to clear an attempt by the former’s Kassim Aidara.
With persistent rain ruining the chances of good football, East Bengal failed to build on the lead allowing Agragmi to find the equaliser in the 35th minute. Lago Bei, following up a through pass from Daniel Bidemi, found the mark with a powerful attempt to bring up the equaliser for Agragami. The fate of the match will now be decided by the tournament committee of the Calcutta Football League.
The result – East Bengal 1 (Richard Agwu 2-og) vs Tollygune Agragami 1 (Lago Bei 35). Match abandoned after first 45 minutes.
- Ranji Trophy quarterfinal: Vidarbha ends Karnataka’s batting stint and builds on its big lead at the end of day three
- Kerala Blasters vs FC Goa LIVE, ISL 2023-24: KBFC v FCG updates; When, where to watch; Kick-off at 7:30 PM IST
- Carabao Cup winners list: Full list teams which won the EFL League cup before Chelsea vs Liverpool
- Indian sports wrap, February 25
- Kerala Blasters vs FC Goa, ISL 10 LIVE Streaming info: When, where to watch KBFC v FCG?