Cristiano Ronaldo scored twice on his return to Manchester United after 12 years in a 4-1 victory over Newcastle in the English Premier League on Saturday.
There was a tap-in from Ronaldo in the first half and a low strike after the break to restore the lead after Javier Manquillo equalised.
Ronaldo’s compatriot, Bruno Fernandes, scored the third and Jesse Lingard completed United's third win in four league games in stoppage time.
ALSO READ - Borussia Dortmund beats Bayer Leverkusen 4-3 in Bundesliga
The 36-year-old Portugal forward secured an unexpected return to United when he was sold by Juventus last month.
The masses of United fans arriving at Old Trafford in their new jerseys writ with Ronaldo on the back got what they hoped for when the lineup was revealed an hour before kickoff.
Ronaldo won every major honour with United from 2003 to 2009 before leaving for Real Madrid.
Latest on Sportstar
- SL vs AFG: Sri Lanka bounces back to beat Afghanistan in second ODI
- Spanish Grand Prix, Formula 1 Live updates: Verstappen builds a solid lead; Hamilton and Russell occupy podium places
- Monfils and Svitolina - a support system for each other on and off the court
- WTC Final 2023, India vs Australia: All You Need To Know, Playing Conditions, squad, live streaming info
- NBA Finals 2023 - Game 1 analysis: Nikola Jokic’s Denver Nuggets turn up the ‘Heat’!