Aston Villa signed striker Danny Ings from Southampton on a three-year contract, both Premier League clubs said on Wednesday.
The 29-year-old England striker scored 46 goals in 100 appearances for Southampton after joining from Liverpool in 2018.
ALSO READ |
Villa did not disclose the transfer fee but The Athletic reported the deal was worth 30 million pounds.
"Danny is an outstanding Premier League footballer who has scored goals wherever he has played," Villa manager Dean Smith said in a statement.
"He is also a top professional with a great character who will be a leader in our squad and a role model for our rapidly developing young academy players who are now in and around the first team."
Earlier on Wednesday, Villa confirmed the signing of Jamaica winger Leon Bailey from Bayer Leverkusen, while Emiliano Buendia and Ashley Young arrived in June.
- Ranji Trophy Plate Final: Biswa century not enough as Hyderabad nears title
- Mathews gives Sri Lanka unassailable 2-0 lead over Afghanistan in T20 series
- Traore, Diatta banned following Africa Cup of Nations outbursts
- Maha Open Challenger: Poonacha, Mukund advance to second round
- Oliver Glasner named as new Crystal Palace boss: club