Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea is set to sign a new contract and put an end to the constant rumours linking him to defending European champion Real Madrid.
De Gea's current deal expires in June 2019, with United having the option to extend it by a year. The Premier League giant, however, wants to tie him down to a longer contract (2021).
According to The Times, talks over a new contract worth £220,000 per week began towards the end of 2017 and those talks are understood to have progressed well.
As far as Real Madrid is concerned, it has added Chelsea's Thibaut Courtois to its list of targets, particularly with the stopper indicating that his family situation might influence him to return to Madrid.
De Gea was in invincible form in United's recent Champions League fixture against Sevilla, and helped United to a credible draw, away from home. The Sevilla match hasn't been the only one this season when de Gea has kept United in the game, with away fixtures against Liverpool and Arsenal being classic examples of de Gea's qualities and value to Man United.
- Shooting LIVE SCORE Asian Games 2023: Sift Kaur, Ashi near individual medals in 50m Rifle 3p; India wins gold in 25m women’s pistol team, silver in 50m Rifle 3p women’s team event - Hangzhou 2022 updates
- India vs Singapore women’s hockey LIVE score, Asian Games 2023 updates: IND 0-0 SGP; Match underway; streaming info
- Nepal becomes first team to score 300 in a T20I; Dipendra Singh breaks Yuvraj Singh’s record for fastest 50
- ICC ODI World Cup 2023 squads: Full players list of all 10 teams
- ODI World Cup 2023 warm-up matches schedule: Full fixture list, match venues, date, time