Chelsea head coach Maurizio Sarri believes Callum Hudson-Odoi is not yet ready for the Premier League despite impressing against PAOK on Thursday.
Hudson-Odoi, 18, scored his first goal for the club as Chelsea cruised to a 4-0 victory in the Europa League, securing top spot in Group L.
But Sarri feels the teenage forward must improve before getting his chance in the Premier League.
"I don't know if he is able for the Premier League at 18, especially in a big team," he told a news conference.
"If he's already ready now to make a difference in the team like Chelsea, he would be the best player in Europe in two years."
Chelsea ended a two-game winless run with its victory over PAOK, which was reduced to 10 men in the seventh minute when Yevhen Khacheridi was sent off.
Olivier Giroud scored a first-half brace and Alvaro Morata was also on the scoresheet in a boost for Chelsea.
But Sarri said the win over the Greek outfit made little difference to his plans for Sunday, when his side hosts Fulham.
"In the last match, the problem was the team, not one or two players," he said.
"So I think that if there were two different players, it would have been the same. The big problem was the team."
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023-24: Dinesh Karthik-led Tamil Nadu faces heavyweight Mumbai in quarterfinal
- PKL 2023, Jaipur Pink Panthers vs Gujarat Giants, Bengaluru Bulls vs UP Yoddhas: When, where to watch, H2H records
- Pro Tennis League: Defending champion Gurgaon Sapphires retains its crown, beats Ichiban Samurai
- Pro Kabaddi League 2023 Highlights: Siddharth’s Super 10 powers Haryana Steelers to 35-33 win over Dabang Delhi after Shubham, Maninder help Bengal Warriors defeat Tamil Thalaivas 48-38
- Men’s Volleyball Club World Championships: Sicoma Perugia defends its crown, beats Itambe Minas in the final to clinch the title again