Everton could get a boost with the return of midfielder Idrissa Gueye for Saturday’s Merseyside derby against Liverpool at Anfield in the Premier League after he played for Senegal on Monday.
The 34-year-old was named in the team to face Bournemouth on October 7 but did not play in the 3-0 win due to a heel injury.
However, the former Paris Saint-Germain player came on in the 78th minute during Senegal’s 1-0 win over Cameroon in a friendly.
Everton is currently 16th in the league standings on seven points after eight games while Liverpool is fourth with 17, three points shy of leaders Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal.
- Indian sports wrap, February 26
- UP Warriorz vs Delhi Capitals Live Score, WPL 2024: Lanning-Shafali cruise through, UPW desperate for breakthrough
- Pro Kabaddi League 2023-24 Playoffs, PKL 10 LIVE Score: GG 16-21 HS, Haryana Steelers leads Gujarat Giants in Eliminator 2; Patna Pirates enters semifinal with 37-35 win on Dabang Delhi
- East Bengal vs Chennaiyin FC Highlights, EBFC 1-0 CFC, ISL 2023-24: Nandha scores solitary goal, wins three points
- Delhi Open 2024: Mukund loses to Wong in first round, Vishwakarma qualifies for main draw