Frank Lampard's decision to leave Chelsea as a player has helped him as a manager, according to West Ham boss Manuel Pellegrini.
Lampard has overseen a decent start to the season for Chelsea, which is fourth in the Premier League ahead of Saturday's clash against West Ham.
Pellegrini was in charge of Manchester City for Lampard's only campaign at the club in 2014-15 after the former England international decided to end a 13-season stay at Stamford Bridge.
The Chilean, whose team is just three points clear of the relegation zone, said that decision was a good one for Lampard.
"When you want to be a manager you must want to learn as much as you can," Pellegrini told reporters.
"During your career as a player, you see different people who manage the club in different ways and play different football. You can win titles in a number of different ways, and you choose one of those.
"For Frank Lampard, it was a very good experience for his career not to have been always at Chelsea. I know he started with West Ham, but for the most part of his professional career he was at Chelsea.
"To go to Manchester City, to see another way of playing football, that helped him to improve as a manager and I'm very happy for him.
"Every player tries to learn from the way you work. Of course, [as a player] you are always talking with different players, but I think you learn more from seeing."
Lampard said he had taken plenty from managers, including Pellegrini, later in his career.
"As I got older as a player I was probably more attentive of a manager's nature and things they said, how they held meetings and things like that," he said, via The Telegraph.
"It was always something you put into the bank and think, well, that could be how I want to do it or not."
- India vs Australia Live Score, 5th T20I: AUS - 55/3 (7); Bishnoi dismisses Hardie and Head
- PKL LIVE Score, Gujarat Giants vs Bengaluru Bulls: Bulls leads early against Giants; Ajinkya Pawar one-man show leads Thalaivas to 42-31 win over Delhi; Pro Kabaddi League 2023 updates
- Indian sports news wrap, December 3: Abhinav Choudhary wins rapid fire pistol gold at National Championships
- FC Goa vs Kerala Blasters FC, LIVE Score, FCG 1-0 KBFC ISL 2023-24: Gaurs leads through Rowllin Borges’ strike, SECOND HALF
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023-24: Spinners, Indrajith star as Tamil Nadu ends Madhya Pradesh’s campaign with 17-run win