Liverpool midfielder Alexis Mac Allister’s red card in Saturday’s 3-1 Premier League win over Bournemouth has been overturned following a successful appeal to the FA, the club said on Tuesday.
Mac Allister was shown a red card for a high tackle on Ryan Christie in the 58th minute. The sending off seemed harsh, with Bournemouth manager Andoni Iraola saying after the match that it “did not look like a red card”.
“An independent Regulatory Commission has removed Alexis Mac Allister’s three-match suspension following a claim of wrongful dismissal,” the FA said in a statement.
Liverpool is fifth in the Premier League standings with four points from two games. They travel to face Newcastle United on Sunday.
- FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifiers: Manvir goal edges India to 1-0 win against 10-man Kuwait
- FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifiers points table LIVE: AFC standings after India vs Kuwait, Pakistan bottom of Group G
- India vs Kuwait highlights, IND 1-0 KWT, FIFA World Cup 2026 Qualifier: Manvir’s solitary goal gets three points for Blue Tigers
- Liechtenstein vs Portugal LIVE Score, LIE V POR, Euro 2024 qualifiers: Cristiano Ronaldo starts, lineups and updates
- Djokovic beats Hurkacz at ATP Finals but semis hopes hinge on Sinner