Manchester City captain Fernandinho has been included on the list of players set to be released at the end of the season, the Premier League said on Friday.
Although City has not made an official announcement on the Brazilian midfielder's departure, the 36-year-old is into the final month of his current deal and is yet to agree on an extension.
The list of released players also includes Fernandinho's team-mates Sergio Aguero and Eric Garcia, who have already agreed moves to Barcelona. The Premier League said it is not a definitive list with players still potentially signing contract extensions with their respective clubs before their existing deals expire on June 30.
Fernandinho, who joined City from Shakhtar Donetsk in 2013, has helped lead the club to four Premier League titles and six League Cups, as well as their first Champions League final where they lost 1-0 to Chelsea last weekend.
- Hyderabad FC vs Mohun Bagan: ISL venue changed to Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar due to elections in Telangana
- Ganguly backs Rohit Sharma to continue as India captain till T20 World Cup 2024
- Gas leak detected at 2024 Olympic Village site, says police
- India vs Australia LIVE Score Updates, 4th T20I: Preview, Dream 11 prediction, streaming info; IND v AUS toss at 6:30pm IST
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023-24: Kaul’s fifer trumps Karthik’s fighting knock as Punjab ends Tamil Nadu’s winning streak