Manchester United will be without midfielder Scott McTominay and forward Edinson Cavani for Saturday's game against Premier League strugglers Watford, interim manager Ralf Rangnick said on Friday.
Scottish international McTominay missed the midweek draw at Atletico Madrid in the Champions League due to illness, while Uruguayan Cavani has been out after suffering a groin strain two weeks ago.
ALSO READ : Manchester United withdraws Russian airline Aeroflot's sponsorship rights
"The situation is exactly the same," Rangnick told a news conference when asked about the pair's availability.
"He (Cavani) hasn't been training with us so he won't be available for tomorrow's game and the same is true with Scotty. He is still ill, he hasn't been training with us, so hopefully he will start training with us again next week, but for tomorrow's game they will both be unavailable," added the German.
United is fourth in the Premier League, a point ahead of Arsenal but having played two more games than the London club.
Latest on Sportstar
- BCCI president Binny distances himself from 83’ World Cup-winning team’s statement on wrestlers’ protest
- Diamond League: Aboobacker finishes sixth in men’s triple jump
- Suns hire veteran coach Frank Vogel to lead franchise - Reports
- Khelo India University Games: Guru Nanak Dev narrows gap at top with Panjab on day 11
- Formula 1: Verstappen tops both Spanish GP practice sessions