Italy has called up Danilo D'Ambrosio for its upcoming Euro 2020 qualifiers after Mattia De Sciglio was the second Juventus defender to pull out of the squad.
The right-back limped off with an apparent muscle problem in the 15th minute of Juventus' thrilling 4-3 win over Napoli on Saturday and will miss matches against Armenia and Finland.
His withdrawal further weakens Roberto Mancini's defensive stocks after Giorgio Chiellini tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee during a Juve training session.
The Azzurri captain faces a long spell on the sidelines and was replaced in the squad by Lazio defender Francesco Acerbi.
De Sciglio's replacement, versatile Inter full-back D'Ambrosio, won the most recent of his three caps for Italy in a 3-1 friendly defeat to France in June 2018.
- Neeraj Chopra finishes 2nd in Diamond League finals
- Atlanta United vs Inter Miami Live: Will Messi play in the MLS game, Major League Soccer, ATL vs MIA updates
- Neeraj Chopra Diamond League finals LIVE updates: Chopra finishes second with 83.80m throw; Vadlejch wins crown with 84.24m
- Cristiano Ronaldo scores again as Al Nassr beats Al Raed 3-1 in Saudi Pro League
- Video - Davis Cup Day 1: Nagal saves India blushes; Mukund retires from opening singles match