Manchester United will face Manchester City in the final of the 142nd edition of the FA Cup at Wembley Stadium on Saturday.
A lot is at stake as Man City will look to win its second title of the season after already clinching the Premier League. If Pep Guardiola’s men win the FA Cup final, they will be on course to win the coveted treble.
Erik Ten Hag’s Man United, on the other hand, will do its best to stop Man City from not only winning its second title of the season but also protect its record of being the only English team to win the treble- Premier League, FA Cup and the Champions League.
Has there ever been a Manchester derby in the FA Cup final?
Manchester United and Manchester City have never faced each other in the final of the FA Cup.
When was the last time there was a Manchester Derby in the FA Cup final?
The last time the Manchester teams faced each other in the FA Cup semis, was the 2011 semifinals. Yaya Toure scored the only goal of the match to guide Man City to its first FA Cup final in 30 years.
Toure went on to score in the final as well as Man City clinched the FA Cup with a 1-0 win against Stoke City.
- WI vs IND, 2nd Test: India eight wickets away from a series clean sweep against West Indies
- IND vs WI 2nd Test, Day 4 Highlights: Ashwin picks two, West Indies 76/2 in 365 chase vs India at stumps
- They didn’t even try playing shots, Mhambrey on West Indies batters
- Hopman Cup: Croatia downs Switzerland to clinch title
- Jonas Vingegaard wins second successive Tour de France