Looking to score quarterfinal tickets at the Women's World Cup? Be prepared to pay for the marquee meeting.
Ticket prices for the United States' quarterfinal match against France on Friday have soared since the meeting was set, with one seller on the secondary market listing a pair for more than $15,000 [Rs.10,38,710 approximately].
As of Tuesday morning on StubHub.com , the least expensive ticket is listed for $426 [Rs. 29500 approximately] while the most expensive is listed at a whopping $17,000 [Rs. 11,77,207 approximately] with a number of tickets in the $1,000 to $3,000 range [Rs.69,250 to Rs.2,07,740 approximately].
That's a huge leap from the 2015 tournament, as ESPN.com notes the average resale price of tickets for the USWNT’s quarterfinal match against China was $165 [Rs.11,400 approximately]. What's even more shocking? The USWNT’s final match against Japan topped out at $368 [Rs.25,480 approximately].
To compare, tickets for Thursday's quarterfinal match between England and Norway span from $28 to $170 [Rs.1930 - Rs.11,770 approximately].
There is a reason for the price hike though. France is hosting the World Cup and Canada was the host country in 2015, so there is a much higher demand for these tickets and this particular matchup this time around.
The U.S. is the No. 1 ranked team in the world, according to the FIFA Women's World Ranking . France is No. 4. In 2015, the U.S. was also No. 1 but China was No. 14.
Megan Rapinoe scored two penalties as the U.S. edged past Spain, 2-1, on Monday to set up the quarterfinal against France.
The U.S. has reached the quarterfinal stage in every edition of the Women's World Cup between 1991 and 2019, becoming the second nation to achieve this feat alongside Germany, which has made eight appearances.
- India vs Tajikistan Table Tennis LIVE Score Asian Games 2023: Manav Thakkar wins first game 11-8; Women’s through to next round after beating NEP 3-0
- Asian Games 2023 Live Score, September 23: India vs Tajikistan men’s TT match starts; India women’s team wins 3-0 - Hangzhou 2022 updates
- Premier League: Pochettino defends Chelsea medical team amid rash of injuries
- MotoGP Indian Grand Prix: Luca Marini clocks fastest time in Practice
- Asian Games 2023 schedule today, September 23: Indians in action, events, LIVE streaming details, timings in IST