Belgium succumbed to a 2-0 loss to Morocco in its second Group F match of the FIFA World Cup match at the Al Thumama Stadium on Sunday.
Belgium sits third in the table with three points from two matches.
Croatia secured a 4-1 win against Canada in the second Group F match of the day and now sits on top with four points from two matches. It is equal on points with Morocco but has a superior goal difference than the African nation.
Canada, which got knocked out of the World Cup after its loss against Croatia, is bottom without a point after having played two matches.
How can Belgium qualify heading into the final matchday?
Belgium will face Croatia in its final Group F match.
If Belgium wins against Croatia, it will reach six points that will ensure qualification to the Round of 16.
If Belgium draws against Croatia, it will need to rely on other results going in its favour to qualify for the knockouts.
If Belgium loses against Croatia, then it will be knocked of the Qatar World Cup.
- Ranji Trophy LIVE score, Day 5 Quarterfinal updates: Kotian, Deshpande frustrate Baroda; Karnataka steady in 371-run chase v Vidarbha
- Jon Dahl Tomasson hired as first foreign-born coach of Sweden
- WPL 2024: How a mother’s ambition for her daughter sparked a cricketing revolution in Sajana and Minnu Mani’s Wayanad
- New Zealand’s Wagner retires from international cricket
- Paralympics chief hopes for full stadiums and extensive TV coverage in Paris