According to reports, Spurs are in talks to sign Real Sociedad's Willian Jose with just over a week to go until the transfer window closes. But it could take in excess of £50million to finally end its search for a second out-and-out striker.
TOP STORY – SPURS TO DIG DEEP FOR SOCIEDAD STRIKER
Krzysztof Piatek, Islam Slimani and Fernando Llorente have all been linked but Tottenham has now set its sights on 28-year-old Willian Jose, reports the Guardian.
The Brazilian was left out of his side's Copa del Rey clash with Espanyol on Wednesday and could now be headed for north London.
Talks are underway, the Guardian states, although Spurs could be forced to contemplate meeting Willian Jose's €70million (£59m) release clause as Sociedad seeks adequate compensation.
The one-time Real Madrid man has scored eight La Liga goals this term after reaching double figures in each of the previous three seasons.
OTHER TRANSFER ROUND-UP
- Dani Ceballos has asked Real Madrid to terminate his Arsenal loan and find him a move elsewhere, according to Spanish radio station Cadena SER.
- The Gunners are set to suffer another blow as Ligue 1 outfit Lyon prepare to confirm the €25million signing of rumoured Atletico Madrid target Bruno Guimaraes, reports L'Equipe.
- Bundesliga champion Bayern Munich will allow Philippe Coutinho to return to Barcelona at the end of his loan spell if, as desired, the Bundesliga giant lands Leroy Sane and Bayer Leverkusen's Kai Havertz, reports Bild.
- After sealing a deal for Reinier Jesus, Madrid could return to raid Flamengo for 19-year-old forward Lincoln, says Mundo Deportivo.
- Leicester City plans to bolster its Champions League ambitions by splashing £15million on Southampton centre-back Jannik Vestergaard, according to The Sun.
- Serie A side AC Milan has submitted an 18-month loan offer for Manchester City-linked Florentino Luis, claims CalcioMercato. The 20-year-old defensive midfielder plays for Benfica.