Gareth Bale has been included in the Wales squad for its final two Euro 2020 qualifiers despite still being out of action for Real Madrid.
The 30-year-old winger continues to train alone in the Spanish capital but Ryan Giggs is preparing to gamble on his fitness for this month's make-or-break games against Azerbaijan and Hungary.
Bale has not played a minute for Madrid since limping through the final stages of Wales' 1-1 draw against Croatia on October 13.
Giggs said the suspected calf problem appeared to be cramp but Madrid has not confirmed the exact nature of the issue.
Wales is likely to need a maximum six points to have any chance of pipping Hungary, its opponents in Cardiff on November 19, to the second qualifying spot in Group E.
Up first is a trip to Baku to face bottom-placed Azerbaijan on November 16.
Aaron Ramsey could make his first appearance of the qualification campaign in that match after recently overcoming a thigh injury.
The midfielder appeared off the bench in a 1-0 win for Juventus over Torino on Saturday.
- Asia Cup 2023: Gill ton in vain as Bangladesh beats India by 6 runs
- ENG vs NZ: Scorecard, match streaming updates; New Zealand needs 312 to win
- SA vs AUS, 4th ODI Scorecard, commentary and streaming updates
- Asia Cup 2023 most runs, wickets stats: Shubman Gill tops run-scorers list, Pathirana leading wicket-taker
- FIA issues written warning to Red Bull’s Marko for Perez comments