Gennaro Gattuso demanded AC Milan become more ruthless following another frustrating point in Serie A, this time against Empoli.
Alessio Romagnoli's poor turnover in defence led to the concession of a late penalty that allowed promoted Empoli to snatch a 1-1 draw on Thursday.
Lucas Biglia had opened the scoring in just the 10th minute, but his foul in attempting to atone for Romagnoli's mistake means the Rossoneri have now squandered seven points from winning positions.
Milan head coach Gattuso refused to single out Romagnoli for criticism, instead expressing frustration with a collective lack of killer instinct.
"At the moment we cannot say we are a great team. A great team is more clinical and solid," he told Sky Sport Italy.
"We are talking about another unlucky outcome again. We have to improve our finishing, because we are struggling.
"I have nothing to say to Romagnoli. If I say something to him, then I have to say something to those who had several chances to score.
"Mistakes can happen, but we must grow and whittle them down as much as possible."
Ex-Roma man Romagnoli apologised to the club's fans for his part in the failure to secure three points.
"I'm disappointed because I made a mistake and I take full responsibility for it," the 23-year-old said.
"Without my mistake it would have been a different game, but now we have to keep working without listening to anyone and staying united."
Milan's hopes of putting the match beyond Empoli's reach were hampered by Gonzalo Higuain's absence with a muscle problem.
The striker will be monitored ahead of a possible return away to Sassuolo on Sunday.
- UP Warriorz owner Jinisha Sharma: We’re lucky we don’t have IPL legacy, we can build our own
- Pope: ‘Definitely a chance’ Stokes will bowl in fourth India Test
- AUS vs NZ, 1st T20I: Australia registers its third-highest successful run chase, beats New Zealand in last-ball thriller
- Horner with Red Bull team at start of F1 testing despite ongoing investigation
- Delhi Capitals WPL 2024 team analysis: Squad depth, players to watch out, fixtures