Kylian Mbappe could become the first player to secure the Golden Boy award twice after he was included on a 40-man shortlist for this year's prize.
The Paris Saint-Germain forward was crowned in 2017 and has since played a starring role for France at the World Cup, scoring in the final against Croatia to help Les Bleus lift the trophy in Russia.
Liverpool full-back Trent Alexander-Arnold, who helped his club reach the Champions League final, is one of four from the Premier League in the running to be crowned the best young player under the age of 21
Manchester City's Phil Foden and Everton's Tom Davies have been selected too, along with Diogo Dalot, the Portuguese full-back who signed for Manchester United from Porto in June.
Real Madrid new boy Vinicius Junior, Borussia Dortmund's Christian Pulisic and Netherlands winger Justin Kluivert - who moved from Ajax to Roma in the last transfer window - are also in contention.
Established by Italian newspaper Tuttosport, the award is voted for by a jury made up of journalists from across Europe.
Previous winners include Mbappe's compatriots Anthony Martial and Paul Pogba, while Lionel Messi won it in 2005.
- Pro Kabaddi League 2023-24 Playoffs, PKL 10 LIVE Score: DD 16-15 PP, Sachin’s Patna Pirates leads Ashu’s Dabang Delhi in Eliminator 1 before Gujarat Giants lock horns with Haryana Steelers
- UP Warriorz vs Delhi Capitals Live Updates, WPL 2024: Kapp jolts UPW early, removes top order
- East Bengal vs Chennaiyin FC LIVE score, EBFC 0-0 CFC, ISL 2023-24: All square at halftime but Chennai seems the stronger side
- Indian sports wrap, February 26
- Maiden First-Class ton after 110 overs of keeping: Hardik Tamore’s grit takes Mumbai to safety in Ranji quarters