Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola congratulated Argentina’s World Cup winners, Julian Alvarez and Lionel Messi, on Wednesday.
“For Julian, we are delighted. He played a lot and his contribution was amazing for the team, for the way they played. We have a world champion in our team,” said the Spaniard.
Watch the full video of Pep Guardiola appreciating Alvarez and Messi.
Messi scored twice in the regulation time before scoring in the penalties to lead Argentina to an agonizing 4-2 win on penalties over France on Sunday, with the final concluding 3-3 after 120 minutes of thrilling play.
The 35-year-old, who had a trophy-laden tenure with Guardiola at Barcelona, also won the Golden Ball award for best player, with supporters thinking his performance had enhanced his profile even further.
Latest on Sportstar
- Heat vs Nuggets Live Score, Game 2: MIA 51-57 DEN; Denver ahead at half-time - NBA Finals updates
- Denver Nuggets vs Miami Heat LIVE Streaming Info: When and where to watch the NBA Finals Game 2?
- Sabalenka makes French Open last eight for first time
- Tsitsipas blasts past Ofner to make French Open quarter-finals
- Duplantis sets new 2023 pole vault best