Chennaiyin FC has roped in U-17 Manipuri striker Thanglalsoun Gangte on a multi-year deal ahead of the ISL 2023-24 season.
The 17-year-old sensation became the 10th Indian signing to join Marina Machans this season with his performances for India U-17 side.
Gangte played a vital role in India’s fourth SAFF U-17 Championship title last year with four goals—joint highest, and also made heads turn by scoring a crucial last-minute equaliser against one of the world’s top clubs, Real Madrid, during India’s preparatory match for the AFC U-17 Asian Cup earlier this year.
“Firstly I thank God and Chennaiyin FC for believing in me. If God is willing I’m looking forward to create more history together here as a family. I am not only representing the club but my family and my people who are suffering back home,” elated Gangte said on joining the two-time ISL champions.
After a quarterfinal finish in the recent Durand Cup, Chennaiyin is currently preparing for the upcoming Hero ISL season under head coach Owen Coyle.
- India vs England Live Score, 4th Test Day 1: ENG 60/3; Debutant Akash Deep takes three wickets in opening spell
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, 2023-24 Quarterfinal updates: Shaw dismissed for 33 vs Baroda; Koushik removes Shorey for KAR
- WPL 2024: Spin twins Sophie Ecclestone, Deepti Sharma raring to go in UP Warriorz’ title bid
- Mumbai Indians WPL 2024 team analysis: Squad depth, players to watch out, fixtures
- IND vs ENG: Akash Deep picks debut wicket, gets Zak Crawley but off No Ball