Cristiano Ronaldo broke the men’s international appearance record on Thursday and marked the occasion by scoring twice in Portugal’s 4-0 thrashing of Liechtenstein in Euro 2024 qualifying.
Ronaldo, appearing in the Portugal jersey for the first time since the World Cup, controls the ball during the Euro 2024 qualifier against Liechtenstein at Jose Alvalade Stadium on Thursday.
Ronaldo, 38, is back in his old self as he celebrates after scoring Portugal’s third goal.
Trademark celebration: Ronaldo finds the back of the net for the second time and marks the goal with his trademark “Siu” celebration.
Ronaldo is in action as he swivels past a Liechtenstein defender during the match.
Ronaldo shakes hands with coach Roberto Martinez after a successful outing.
Latest on Sportstar
- Swiatek no fan of ‘Iga’s Bakery’ memes after serving up another double bagel
- An Se Young defeats He Bingjiao in straight games, claims Thailand Open title
- WTC Final: Rahane stands at crossroads in his comeback Test
- Ravi Dahiya pulls out of from Bishkek Ranking Series after injury during warmup
- Mbappe targets Ligue 1 scoring record with PSG next season