In a rebuilding mode after its investors' pullout, East Bengal on Thursday announced the signing of Spanish centre-back Ivan Gonzalez on a two-year deal.
Gonzalez, who played 36 out of FC Goa's 42 ISL games in the last two seasons with three goals and two assists, became the first overseas recruit for EB ahead of the season.
"32-year-old Gonzalez has signed a pre-contract with East Bengal on a two-year deal," the club stated.
Shree Cement Ltd pulled out as the principal investors of East Bengal after two disastrous Indian Super League seasons where they finished ninth and reached rock-bottom in the last edition.
The club is currently in talks with Bangladeshi conglomerate Bashundhara Group to make a fresh foray into the ISL.
- Haaland goal lifts Man City within a point of Liverpool
- Ratcliffe completes purchase of 25% stake in Man United
- Napoli vs Barcelona LIVE streaming info: When, where to watch UEFA Champions League Round of 16 First Leg
- Al Nassr vs Al Fayha LIVE streaming info, AFC Champions League, Round of 16: When and where to watch Ronaldo play today?
- Alcaraz retires with ankle injury in first round of ATP Rio Open