Bengaluru FC (BFC), assured of an Indian Super League (ISL) playoff spot, will hope to finish its league stage campaign with a win over FC Goa at the Sree Kanteerava Stadium here on Thursday.
A win for BFC will help the side gain a home leg in the playoff round.
With seven wins on the trot, BFC is currently in red-hot form. Javi Hernandez is currently the top-scorer for BFC this season, with six goals under his belt. Behind him, Roy Krishna’s season tally stands at five goals. The Fijian will be available against FC Goa after serving his suspension in the last game.
“We want to finish third or fourth to try and have a home leg,” said BFC head coach Simon Grayson. “The most important thing is that whatever team we put out next, it has to try and win the game, keep the momentum going, extend the record and guarantee a home tie,” Grayson added.
The stakes are high for FC Goa, which needs a win to enter the playoff round. FC Goa has suffered a dip in form, drawing one and losing two of the last three outings.
- Medvedev begins Dubai title defense with win in first match since losing Australian Open final
- WPL 2024: Smriti, Renuka star; RCB Women beat Gujarat by eight wickets
- Ranji Trophy quarterfinal: Vidarbha seals spot in semis after hara-kiri by Karnataka batters
- ISL 2023-24: FC Goa files complaint after Mumbai City analyst caught spying at training session
- Sportstar Sports Conclave — Focus Punjab: Day-long enriching sessions in store