FC Goa captain Edu Bedia was on Tuesday show-caused by the All India Football Federation's (AIFF) Disciplinary Committee for an allegedly violent foul on an opposition player during his side's Indian Super League game against Chennaiyin FC last week.
The incident occurred during the stoppage time of the match on February 13 at the GMC Athletic Stadium in Bambolim, which ended in a 3-3 draw.
Video footage of the incident seemed to show that Spaniard Bedia was allegedly biting Deepak Tangri while getting up after the Chennaiyin FC player fell on top of him after competing for the ball.
Even the Spanish media reported the incident.
"Bedia was reported of 'unsporting behaviour towards CFC player Deepak Tangri.' The Committee has given the Spaniard time till 17th February to submit a reply," the ISL said in a statement.
"The player, who was shown a yellow card for the offence is suspended for FC Goa's next assignment against Odisha FC on Wednesday, after picking his fourth caution of the season," it added.
- IPL auction 2024 LIVE Updates: Full list of players retained, released during trade window deadline day
- Punjab Kings full list of players retained, released and traded ahead of IPL 2024 auction
- IPL 2024 Retention Day Live Updates: Full list of retained, released, traded players; Punjab releases Shahrukh Khan
- RR full list of players retained, released, traded ahead of IPL 2024 auction
- China Masters 2023 final Highlights: Satwik-Chirag duo loses 19-21, 21-18, 19-21 against World No. 1 Liang-Wang