Chennaiyin FC's ISL-winning coach John Gregory all but quit his post on Sunday following his club's dispiriting loss to Bengaluru FC.
The 2017-18 champion is at rock-bottom with just one point from four games, and following previous year's last-placed finish, it appeared that his patience had snapped.
READ : Bengaluru FC records first win of the season, beats Chennaiyin FC 3-0
"It’s about time I sat down with the owner and had a deeper conversation," said the Englishman. "We can't continue like this. We consider ourselves to be a very very good club and the whole club is hurting now and none more so than myself."
"This is my third year and it is not easy. I have never worked so hard in my life and it might be time for someone else to take over. Frankly, this is the worst I have felt in my time here. In my opinion the club comes first and we have to do what's best for the club."
Listen in to the full audio from the post-match press conference here
- India vs England Live Score, 4th Test Day 2: Root century helps ENG reach 302/7
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 2 Updates: Jagadeesan, Sai Kishore hold key for Tamil Nadu vs Saurashtra
- Valencia match postponed after deadly city fire
- Inter Miami completes signing of midfielder Federico Redondo
- Barcelona has not given up hope of winning successive LaLiga titles, says coach Xavi