Mumbai City FC defender Amey Ranawade suffered a concussion in the first half of the Indian Super League (ISL 2020-21) final against ATK Mohun Bagan and had to be taken to the hospital in an abulance.
"Amey suffered a concussion during the first half of this evening’s match. He was given immediate medical treatment on the pitch and transferred directly to hospital for a full assessment," MCFC posted on update on the right-back.
"We are very pleased to report that he is completely stable and his scan results were all normal. He is being kept under observation and all of us are wishing for a speedy recovery."
The incident occurred in added time when Ranawade put in a sliding tackle to win the ball off ATK Mohun Bagan's Subhasish Bose. The two collided in the process with the Mumbai man coming off worse.
ISL FINAL HIGHLIGHTS|
The on-field medical staff rushed to attend to him and play was paused for over five minutes. Ranawade did get back on his feet, but looked disoriented and was soon stretchered into an ambulance.
Ranawade was replaced by Mohamad Rakip for the second half.
Mumbai City FC went on to beat ATK Mohun Bagan 2-1 to clinch the ISL title. This was the club's second title of the season after it sealed the League Winners Shield last month.
Latest on Sportstar
- Lionel Messi bids farewell to Paris amid boos
- Jabeur overcomes slow start to reach French Open fourth round
- Cerundolo downs Fritz to reach second week of slam for first time
- Nuggets coach says ‘We haven’t done a damn thing’ in NBA Finals
- Haddad Maia becomes first Brazilian woman to reach French Open last 16 in 44 years