Claudio Matias Mirabaje of Delhi Dynamos FC and Sehnaj Singh of Mumbai City FC have been suspended for four and two matches respectively in the ongoing ISL season. The former has also been fined Rs 3 lakh and the latter Rs 2 lakh. Both players were shown the red card for an incident going for the ball at the Mumbai Football Arena.
The All India Football Federation Disciplinary Committee found the two rival players violating Article 48 (serious infringement) and Article 49 (misconduct against opponents or persons other than official) during a MCFC versus Delhi Dynamos tie at MFA on December 29 last year. After the offending players were sent off nearing the first half closure, both sides finished the tie with 10 players.
The Delhi midfielder made four appearances in the fourth edition and scored once. He represented Uruguay at the FIFA U-20 World Cup. The Mumbai midfielder played seven matches so far, no goals but took five shots at goal and is a senior international, part of the India squad for the FIFA World Cup 2018 qualifying rounds and is on loan from East Bengal.
- Al Hilal vs Al Nassr Highlights, HIL 3-0 NAS, Saudi Pro League: Savic, Mitrovic scores, Ronaldo’s goals ruled off side
- Aston Villa makes official complaint to UEFA after Legia Warsaw violence
- India Women’s squads for Tests, England T20Is announced: Saika Ishaque, Shubha Satheesh get maiden call-ups
- SA vs IND: Sai Sudharsan ‘lost for words’ after maiden India call-up for South Africa ODIs
- F1’s Williams Racing re-signs Logan Sargeant for 2024