Odisha FC on Tuesday announced the signing of Indian goalkeeper Kamaljit Singh for two years ahead of the seventh edition of the Indian Super League.
The 24-year-old custodian has previously also represented Hyderabad FC in the ISL.
Kamaljit was a part of the senior national squad, under coach Igor Stimac, for King’s Cup, Intercontinental Cup and the FIFA World Cup Qualifier match against Bangladesh last year.
“I am grateful to the club management for showing interest in me. I am looking forward to playing in Bhubaneswar and hopefully will be able to contribute to the team’s cause from the back,” said Kamaljit.
He had represented Sporting Clube de Goa and Minerva Punjab FC earlier in his career before playing for the now-defunct FC Pune City.
“He will bring a lot of experience to our goalkeeping position. While he did not have the best of seasons last year, we know the ability Kamaljit possesses,” Odisha FC president Rohan Sharma said.
“And we are confident he can not only give competition to Arshdeep, but eventually regain his form and go back to the national team. I am sure Kamaljit will work hard to prove doubters wrong.”
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC LIVE streaming info, ISL 2023-24: When, where to watch; Preview
- WATCH: Bangladesh’s Mushfiqur Rahim out handling the ball in second Test against New Zealand
- Bangladesh vs New Zealand LIVE Score updates, 2nd Test Day 1: Latest scorecard, match streaming info
- NBA: LeBron James leads Lakers to In-Season Tournament semifinals with win over Suns
- Du Plessis hints at return to international cricket ahead of T20 World Cup