Hugo Lloris strongly criticised referee Mike Dean after Tottenham's 2-1 Premier League defeat at Burnley.
Dean was confronted by an angry Mauricio Pochettino after Ashley Barnes struck a late winner at Turf Moor on Saturday.
Spurs felt the corner from which Chris Wood headed the opening goal was incorrectly awarded and Lloris raged at the decision in a post-match interview.
"For me it was obvious. It is the responsibility of the referee," Lloris told Sky Sports. "Then it is our responsibility not to concede from the corner.
"It is not the first time that type of thing has happened with the same referee, but it is not my position to talk about that."
Spurs will be eight points off the top of the table if Liverpool win at Manchester United and Lloris accepted losing to Burnley is a massive blow for its title hopes.
"Obviously it is a big disappointment," the France goalkeeper added. "Today was a good opportunity for us and we missed it. It was a tough game. We expected a battle.
"We were in the game. We had a good fight and it was difficult to keep the ball on the floor because the pitch was dry and windy.
"We conceded the first goal and it makes things harder. Especially when you concede a corner that didn't exist. It is part of the game.
"It was an open game when we scored. Unfortunately we didn't get the result that we wanted."
Sean Dyche's team are unbeaten in eight Premier League games after beating Spurs and the Clarets boss hailed his side's victory.
"It was a thorough performance and a good win," he told BBC Sport.
"We know there's a lot of work to be done but they're certainly putting in the work.
"We're not a side who can slick it around like Man City, but we have very good players.
"We wanted to get in behind them. I thought our front two [Barnes and Wood] were outstanding."
- Pro Kabaddi League 2023-24 Playoffs, PKL 10 LIVE Score: DD 0-0 PP, Ashu’s Dabang Delhi takes on Sachin’s Patna Pirates in Eliminator 1 before Gujarat Giants lock horns with Haryana Steelers
- UP Warriorz vs Delhi Capitals Live Updates, WPL 2024: Kapp jolts UPW early, removes top order
- East Bengal vs Chennaiyin FC LIVE score, EBFC 0-0 CFC, ISL 2023-24: Chennai on the front foot looking for the opener
- Indian sports wrap, February 26
- Maiden First-Class ton after 110 overs of keeping: Hardik Tamore’s grit takes Mumbai to safety in Ranji quarters