Manchester City looks to have found a replacement for Riyad Mahrez with only a few days left in Europe’s summer transfer window.
City and French team Rennes have reportedly reached an agreement on a fee for the transfer of Belgium winger Jeremy Doku, who will cost the English and European champions 65 million euros ($71 million) if he passes a medical examination.
Neither club has commented officially about the potential transfer.
The 21-year-old Doku is a fast and skilful winger who has played for Rennes since 2020. Before that, he was at Anderlecht.
City has been searching for an extra attacker to add to the squad after selling Mahrez to Saudi Arabian team Al-Ahli last month.
Defender Josko Gvardiol and midfielder Mateo Kovacic are City’s two signings so far in this transfer window.
- Saurav Ghosal rallying on for final flourish as squash makes the cut for LA 2028
- FIFA president Infantino decries violence at Argentina v Brazil World Cup qualifier
- Paris 2024 Olympics to sell 400,000 tickets next week after 7.2 million being already sold
- Mexico, Jamaica come from behind late to qualify for 2024 Copa America
- Red-hot Djokovic hoping for ‘final push’ for Serbia in Davis Cup