Barcelona’s United States defender Sergino Dest has joined PSV Eindhoven on loan until the end of June 2024, the LaLiga club announced on Monday.
The Dutch club has an option to make the transfer permanent and Barca would receive a percentage of any future sale of the player.
The 22-year-old signed for Barcelona in 2020 for 21 million euros ($22.87 million) from Ajax Amsterdam. He made 51 league appearances for Barca in his first two seasons but spent last term on loan at AC Milan.
The Dutch-born American had a disappointing time at the Italian club, making just eight Serie A appearances before returning to Spain.
Dest made 72 appearances for Barça, 56 as a starting player, scoring three times in the two years he spent as part of the first team.
He will be returning to the Eredivisie where he will link up with his former Barça teammate Luuk de Jong.
Dest, who played at the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, has also scored two goals in 26 games for the U.S.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 2: MUM 90/0 vs KER; TN strikes twice vs Goa; BAR loses three vs BEN; Delhi, HAR, VID win
- Chennaiyin FC vs East Bengal LIVE Streaming Info, ISL 2023-24: When, where to watch CFC vs EB match; Preview
- Manchester City vs Liverpool: Head-to-head records, numbers, stats; Guardiola looks to draw level with Klopp
- Argentina and Brazil charged by FIFA after fan violence delays World Cup qualifying game at Maracana
- Brazil ends year in poor shape under interim coach as it waits for word from Carlo Ancelotti