Kevin De Bruyne insisted nothing has changed at Manchester City and said the players have "all trust" in the club after the club was hit with a Champions League ban.
City was handed a two-season ban from European competition by UEFA last week after being found to have committed "serious breaches" of Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations.
The Premier League champion has denied any wrongdoing and intend to appeal, but speculation has mounted over manager Pep Guardiola and its star players' futures.
De Bruyne starred in a 2-0 Premier League win over West Ham on Wednesday and the playmaker said there was no change at City despite off-field events.
"Obviously we were on holiday when the statement happened. We came back and played football. The situation is what it is," he told Sky Sports.
"We came back and trained like normal and in the end nothing really changed. We just play the games we have, like today when we gave a good performance.
"We still have a lot to play for and let's hope we can find our rhythm as soon as possible and win some titles."
De Bruyne added: "The team give the statement. I don't know what else we can do other than play football. In the end the situation will show what it will show.
"The club is doing its thing and we have all trust in them."
Goals from Rodri and De Bruyne helped City consolidate second place and close the gap to Liverpool to 22 points in its first game since February 2.
De Bruyne felt the break impacted Guardiola's side, who travel to third-placed Leicester City on Saturday.
"It was okay. I think we saw it's been three weeks without football and we felt a little bit of rustiness, but we played a good game," he said.
- Asian Games 2023, September 27 Live Updates from Hangzhou 2022: Sift Kaur Samra wins 50m rifle 3p gold with new world record; Manu, Esha and Rhythm win 25m pistol team gold, India 13-0 Singapore in women’s hockey
- Shooting LIVE SCORE Asian Games 2023: Manu, Esha in action soon; Sift wins gold with WR, Ashi bronze in 50m Rifle 3P; India wins 25m women’s pistol team gold- Hangzhou 2022 updates
- India vs Singapore women’s hockey LIVE score, Asian Games 2023 updates: IND 13-0 SGP; Sangita scores hat-trick; streaming info
- Honest Lalit Kumar runs 100m final alone as others flee to evade dope test at Delhi State Championships
- Asian Games 2023: Sift Kaur wins gold in women’s 50m rifle 3P with World Record, Ashi Chouksey bags bronze