Moroccan midfielder Sofian Kiyine was transported to the emergency room of a local hospital after a car crash near the Belgian city of Liege, his club said on Friday.
Belgian football club OH Leuven said Kiyine’s life is not in danger without elaborating on his condition. The accident happened on Thursday night when, according to local media reports, Kiyine lost control of his car at high speed with the vehicle ending up crashing into a sports hall.
“There were fortunately no other vehicles or persons involved in the accident,” the club said in a statement.
Born in Belgium, Kiyine has played for the Morocco U20 and U23 national teams.
Latest on Sportstar
- Khelo India University Games: Guru Nanak Dev narrows gap at top with Panjab on day 11
- Suns hire veteran coach Frank Vogel to lead franchise - Reports
- Formula 1: Verstappen tops both Spanish GP practice sessions
- Rafael Leao extends AC Milan deal until 2028
- Djokovic advances to French Open fourth round