Barcelona star Gerard Pique said he is worth more than Espanyol's budget for this season.
Saturday will see La Liga champion and leader Barca host rival Espanyol in a Catalan derby clash at Camp Nou, and Pique stoked the fire.
Pique – who has won seven La Liga titles and three Champions Leagues since arriving in 2008 – told Movistar+ program 'La Resistencia': "I have more money than the budget of Espanyol this year.
"Nope, not just €57million, it's plenty more than that."
Meanwhile, Spanish defender Pique added that former team-mate Zlatan Ibrahimovic loved "money more than anyone else on Earth".
Ibrahimovic spent a season at Barca before the Swede moved to Serie A side AC Milan, initially on loan.Asked about Ibrahimovic, the 32-year-old said: "He is the guy who loves money more than anyone else on Earth.
"He told us one day 'Money is not the most important thing'. We did not say anything, and then he finished: 'Having a lot of money is the most important thing'."
Latest on Sportstar
- WTC Final 2023, India: Road to final, best performers, most runs and wickets
- Karim Benzema signs for Saudi Arabia’s Al-Ittihad: club source
- Singapore Open 2023: Sindhu, Prannoy exit in first round; Srikanth, Arjun-Dhruv duo enter second round
- Women’s Junior Asia Cup 2023: India secures 2-2 draw against Korea
- Bucks announce Griffin as head coach