Former Ajax midfielder Davy Klaassen believes Frenkie de Jong could be ready for Barcelona and has tipped the in-demand Matthijs de Ligt for the top too.
Midfielder De Jong, 21, and teenage defender De Ligt are the most coveted youngsters emerging from Ajax's latest crop of talented prospects.
Barcelona and Manchester City are both reportedly interested in the duo, who are already key members of the senior Netherlands squad.
Werder Bremen's Klaassen played alongside the pair in Amsterdam and expects them to realise their potential.
"In a couple of years you will see a lot of [Ajax] players at good teams," Klaassen told Omnisport .
"For example, De Jong and De Ligt. I think they are amazing.
"De Ligt at 17 was playing like he was 30 years old because he was so massive and so good. I think they will have great careers."
LaLiga champion Barca is believed to have stepped up its interest in De Jong following Andres Iniesta's departure earlier this year.
While Klaassen is wary of anointing him as the heir to the Spain great, he can envisage his compatriot becoming a hit at Camp Nou.
"It's always hard to compare to players like Iniesta for example, because he's one of the best midfield players ever," the ex-Everton man said.
"But I think Frenkie is really good and maybe he can make the step to Barcelona and do well, so why not?"
- ISL 2023-24: Bengaluru FC signs former Kerala Blasters captain Jessel Carneiro
- Vinesh, Bajrang could be withdrawn from Asian Games squad if they lose Worlds trials: Ad-hoc panel member
- FIFA Women’s World Cup: ‘Job not done yet’, says Philippines coach after upset win over New Zealand
- SL vs PAK, 2nd Test: Pakistan takes 12-run lead over Sri Lanka at stumps in rain-hit day 2
- Tuchel hails ‘very complete’ Kim Min-jae