Diego Godin was forced off at half-time of Atletico Madrid's LaLiga clash with Getafe due to a thigh problem, the club have confirmed.
The experienced centre-back was replaced by Juanfran with his side leading 2-0 thanks to goals from Antoine Griezmann and Saul Niguez.
Atletico later released a statement, saying: "Diego Godin did not complete the derby against Getafe and had to be substituted at the break as a precaution due to muscular problems in his thigh."
The news will be of some concern to head coach Diego Simeone, with Atleti facing a daunting fixture list in the coming weeks.
The side travels to Real Betis next weekend before hosting Real Madrid and then taking on another local rival in Rayo Vallecano.
Atleti welcomes Juventus in the first leg of their Champions League last-16 tie at the Wanda Metropolitano on February 20.
Latest on Sportstar
- WTC Final LIVE Score, IND vs AUS Day 1: Australia 2/0 (3 overs); Warner, Khawaja aim to build start vs India
- WTC Final 2023: Why is India wearing black armbands?
- Man City’s Stones exudes confidence ahead of Champions League final
- IND vs AUS: Why Australian players are wearing black armbands
- SL vs AFG: Sri Lanka thrashes Afghanistan by nine wickets for 2-1 ODI series win