Croatia midfielder Ivan Rakitic has rejoined Europa League holder Sevilla on a two-year deal from Barcelona for an undisclosed fee, the team said on Tuesday.
His departure ends a trophy-laden six-year spell at Camp Nou during which Rakitic won four La Liga titles, four Copa del Rey trophies plus the Champions League and Club World Cup.
Spanish media reports had said the 32-year-old, who had one year left on his contract, was not part of new Barca coach Ronald Koeman's plans for next season.
“Sevilla FC and FC Barcelona have reached an agreement for the transfer of midfielder Ivan Rakitic, who will return to the club for a second spell after his first spell at the club between January 2011 and June 2014,” Sevilla said in a statement.
Rakitic captained Sevilla to Europa league success in 2014 before leaving to join Barca.
- Du Plessis hints at return to international cricket ahead of T20 World Cup
- Men’s Volleyball Club World C’ship 2023: All you need to know, preview, schedule, live streaming info
- Bangladesh vs New Zealand LIVE Score updates, 2nd Test Day 1: Latest scorecard, match streaming info
- Glenn Maxwell vows to play IPL until he ‘can’t walk anymore’
- IND-W vs ENG-W Live Streaming Info, 1st T20I: When and where to watch India Women vs England Women T20 series 2023?