Sergi Samper has had a fresh setback after sustaining a calf injury on his first Barcelona appearance of the season.
The 23-year-old started Barca's Copa del Rey tie away to Cultural Leonesa on Wednesday, but was forced off in the first half.
Barca confirmed tests on Samper have shown the midfielder has injured his right calf. Samper spent the 2017-18 season on loan at Las Palmas but injuries restricted him to just two LaLiga starts.
Barca was boosted earlier this week by Lionel Messi's return to training as the captain continues to recover from a fractured arm sustained last month against Sevilla.
Messi has missed Barca's last three matches, including a Champions League win over Inter and Sunday's 5-1 thrashing of Real Madrid in the Clasico that led to Julen Lopetegui's sacking.
Samuel Umtiti is also on the comeback trail with the France international defender having been out of action since the end of September with a knee injury. LaLiga leader Barca is next in action away to Rayo Vallecano on Saturday.
- IPL 2024: Lucknow Super Giants hires Lance Klusener as assistant coach
- ATP Dubai 2024: Rublev defaulted from match after allegedly using oscene language
- UPW vs GG Live Score, WPL 2024: Grace Harris fifty helps UP Warriorz beat Gujarat Giants by six wickets
- Few players will suffer but let it be: Kapil Dev backs BCCI strictness on domestic cricket
- CCI Snooker Classic 2024: Pankaj Advani sets up semifinal clash against Laxman Rawat