Barcelona forward Ferran Torres and Atletico Madrid defender Stefan Savic have been suspended for two games each after their brawl during Sunday’s La Liga match at the Metropolitano.
The pair fought with each other off the ball, with Torres pulling Savic’s hair while the Atletico defender had his arm tightly wrapped around the Spaniard’s neck.
The Spanish FA’s competition committee announced the suspensions for violent conduct on Wednesday.
Barcelona faces Real Betis in the Spanish Super Cup on Thursday, but the ban will be served in La Liga.
Torres will miss Barca’s next two league matches, against Getafe and Girona, with the Catalans already without suspended striker Robert Lewandowski for those games.
Savic misses Atletico’s trip to face Almeria next weekend and then a clash with Real Valladolid.
- Shooting Asian Games 2023, Live Score: Series 1 begins, Indians in 10m Air Rifle Women’s Qualification - Hangzhou 2022 updates
- India vs Bangladesh LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: IND-W eyes win, final spot vs BAN-W; Match starts at 6:30 AM IST
- Esports at Asian Games 2023: Know the games - EA Sports FC 24 (formerly FIFA Online 4), League of Legends, DOTA 2, Street Fighter V
- Asian Games 2023: Why is the esports event FIFA Online called EA Sports FC in Hangzhou?
- Asian Games 2023, September 24 Live Updates from Hangzhou 2022: Mehuli in action in 10m Air Rifle, India vs Bangladesh in women’s cricket semifinal