Villarreal appointed Pacheta as its new coach on Saturday after sacking Quique Setien earlier this week.
Villarreal lost three of its opening four games under former Barcelona coach Setien, and sit 15th in the table.
“In the afternoon (on Monday) Pacheta will take charge of his first training session,” said Villarreal in a statement, confirming he would be officially presented beforehand.
Pacheta was sacked by Real Valladolid in April during a relegation battle, with his former side eventually demoted from Spain’s top flight on the final day of the season.
The 55-year-old had helped them reach La Liga, as well as steering Elche from Spain’s third tier into the top flight between 2018 and 2020.
Pacheta’s first game in charge will be at home against Almeria on Sunday, September 17.
- India vs England live score, World Cup 2023: Rohit to play 100th match as India captain; Toss, Playing XI updates soon
- FIDE Grand Swiss: Vaishali downs former world champion Mariya Muzychuk
- FIDE Grand Swiss: Gujrathi outplays Kollars, Vaishali jumps to joint third spot
- NBA 2023-24: Kevin Durant scores 26 points as Phoenix Suns beats Utah Jazz 126-104
- Premier League 2023-24: Newcastle squanders lead twice to draw 2-2 at Wolves